As we all know search engines are a major source of traffic for most websites on the internet. To grow your business, you need to optimize your website which will result in a higher ranking in search results. There are various WordPress plugins and some of them are free of cost. Also, users have the option to go for third-party SEO tools as well for bringing up keyword rankings, powerful stats, and backlink information.
You need to find a great host for speeding up and boosting your SEO rankings for your WordPress site. Well, there are various things that matter includes
- keywords you target for product pages and blog posts
- how large your image files are
- whether or not your content is readable.
Because of this reason you should choose a good SEO plugin for WordPress else you will be nowhere close to the competition.
Let’s get started with the top 5 SEO plugins!
This is one of the most popular search engine optimizations plugin. It is the most widely used SEO plugins for WordPress. It has over 5 million active installations. This Plugin comes with splendid updates and an impressive interface. It is the most user-friendly option for making your blog posts and product pages stand out. It will help you add SEO titles and descriptions to all posts and pages on your website very easily. You can easily add Open Graph metadata and social media images to your blog. Yoast helps you create SEO-optimized quality content.
Benefits of using Yoast SEO
- Keyword Optimization
- The premium plugin comes with advanced features like free support, content insights, Internal linking Suggestions, and an ad-free interface on the backend.
- Can see how our Google search engine result is going to look like.
- Duplicacy in the content is detected.
- Yoast works in the classic as well as a block editor.
- Check for the out-dated content.
- Yoast SEO plugin is updated every two weeks.
The free version comes with various features like optimizing a single focus keyphrase, density insight and readability check. This also increases your technical SEO practices by allowing customizing XML meta tags, sitemaps’ index, and descriptions.
Although, the paid version costs around $89 USD (ex VAT) for 1 site – including 1 year free updates. Its support covers all of the free and premium features.
The other most popular and powerful WordPress SEO plugin is SEOPress. It includes each and every feature that you expect from an SEO plugin like meta title, description, open graph support, XML sitemaps, redirects, and ad-free etc.
SEOPress is comparatively easy to use than all other WordPress SEO plugins on the market. This even comes with a lot of features.
Benefits of using SEOPress
- It is ad-free. There’s a meta-box with no reference to SEOPress and in the admin bar.
- SEOPress comes with content analysis which helps its users write better SEO optimized posts.
- You can add Google Analytics tracking to your site in some seconds without any technical knowledge.
- Quick and easy Facebook open graph data and Twitter meta tags for sharing content on social media.
- SEOPress lets you create XML and HTML sitemaps for faster indexing in search results.
This is affordable as compare to all other SEO Plugins. It comes with a free version and a Pro version which costs around $39 and 1 year of updates and support. Because of this, some users choose SEOPress over Yoast SEO. The premium version is significantly cheaper. It comes with a lot of similar features that’s why SEOPress is considered as the Yoast SEO alternative.
With this SEO plugin for WordPress, webmasters can easily optimize their content using Rank Math’s built-in suggestions. You can easily customize SEO settings. You can easily add meta title, description, and Open Graph metadata to your blog posts. With the help of Rank Math, you are able to generate an XML sitemap, connect Google Search Console, and control access to plugin features based on user roles. You can customize the way you want your website to appear in search with Structured data.
Benefits of using Rank Math
- This plugin covers all of your SEO requirements
- The user interface can be understood easily.
- SEO Analysis of every post is done.
- Alt or title tags to images are automatically added to the missing places.
- You can monitor where your users see errors using 404 Monitor and the redirection module that lets you point those 404 errors on your website.
- There’s an option to choose from 6 different types of snippets like Article, Product, Recipes, Events, Video, Local Business, etc.
- You can manage and create internal links easily and helps you grow your traffic to the main pages.
Till now Rank Math versions are free of cost. It is also considered as the best alternative for the Yoast Plugin.
All in One Schema Rich Snippets
Rich Snippets Plugins shows star ratings below a review, image or video next to the description, prices below a product etc. This makes your website stand out in search results. Moreover, it grabs the user’s attention by providing them with valuable information. These are basically used for blog post reviews or eCommerce product page results. It can help you optimize your website by adding that Schema metadata.
Benefits of using All in One Schema Rich Snippets
- Schema content types are supported like reviews, events, software apps, videos, people, products, recipes, and articles.
- The proper information is extracted by this plugin. It makes your search results are easier to share on Social Media.
If you want to add reviews on your site then we recommend using this lightweight plugin. If you’re looking for something more robust then go for its premium version which costs around $69.
SEO Squirrly is a complete content marketing suite. This WordPress plugin helps you get the maximum optimization for your pages/posts/articles. Some things it looks at while optimizing content is Title Optimization, Content Optimization, Keyword Density, and Image Optimization.
Benefits of using SEO Squirrly
- It helps make sure that your all-around content is optimized to its highest potential.
- When you enter a keyword, additional suggestions are provided while dropdown.
- you can do your keyword research inside WordPress in it’s Pro version.
- Generate progress monitoring reports on a weekly basis.
Its free version only allows for 5 articles a month to be optimized. While Pro versions provide Unlimited optimizations costing only $29.99/month
There are various WordPress SEO Plugins. It took us several months to shortlist the best of best. We hope this will help you choose the right SEO plugin for your WordPress website. Well, we personally recommend using Yoast SEO or SEOPress Plugin because it comes with various advanced features that other plugins might not be able to provide you. If you have any queries then don’t hesitate to contact us but kindly reach us out.